Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours ABN 64 605 525 273
The latest Terms and Conditions can always be found on the Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours website goldcoastfoodandwinetours.com.au and will supersede any previous versions.
By booking a tour with Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours you are accepting these Terms and Conditions as a binding contract without alteration. The booking person or agent is responsible for conveying these terms to all parties participating in the event.
- ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ refers to Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours.
- ‘Guest’ means a person who has booked and paid for a tour.
PRICING, PAYMENT and DEPOSITS
- Tickets are non-refundable, and are only valid for the booked tour unless given express written consent by Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours.
- All prices are quoted in Australian dollars (AUD) and include GST.
- All prices on our website supersede all prices previously advertised.
- We reserve the right to, at any time, increase or decrease advertised prices for our tours.
- Full payment is required in at the time of booking. Payment will be accepted by our online booking system or by alternate arrangement by contacting our offices. Bookings are not deemed final until a receipt has been issued by us.
- A booking fee of 2% will be charged for all credit card payments.
- Bank details for direct transfers are as follows: ACCT NAME: Gourmet Food & Wine Adventures Pty Ltd / BSB:484 799 / ACCT NUMBER: 123 679 195
- Our Gift Vouchers can be used to pay (or part pay) for any of our public walking tours and are not valid with any other special offer, packages, charters or custom tours.
- Two kinds of vouchers are available: amount-specific (e.g. $50, $100) and tour specific vouchers (full cost of the tour).
- Amount-specific gift vouchers may be used towards any tour (subject to availability). If the value of the gift voucher(s) is more than the advertised price of the tour selected then the difference in price will not be refunded. If the value of the gift voucher(s) is less than the advertised price of the tour selected then the difference in price must be paid in full by the customer at the time of booking.
- Tour-specific gift vouchers are valid for the tour listed on the gift voucher only. To purchase, go to the booking page and select the ‘Gift Voucher’ tab then select the tour you wish to purchase.
- We reserve the right to change the price and itinerary of tours between when the gift voucher is purchased and when the voucher is redeemed
- We will email you an e-Voucher with a unique code and any special message you include when you purchase the voucher. The unique code can then be used by the recipient as payment when they book themselves a tour online.
- Gift vouchers will not be replaced or refunded if lost or redeemed by someone other than the intended recipient so PROTECT YOUR VOUCHER CODE!
- Gift vouchers can be purchased and redeemed online through our booking system. Enter the voucher code during checkout.
- Gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Gift vouchers are not redeemable for cash and are non-refundable.
- Gift vouchers can only be used for tours run by Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours. They cannot be used for tours conducted by any of our partners even if sold on websites owned by Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours.
CANCELLATION OR CHANGES BY GUEST
- If you need to cancel your tour for any reason please notify Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours as soon as possible by phone (0432 383 017)
- Our cancellation and refund policy is as follows:
- between 0 (day of tour) and 7 days before the tour: no refund
- 8 -14 days before the tour: 50% of the tour price paid per person
- 15 days or more before the tour: 100% of the tour price paid per person less non-refundable processing fee of 5%
- In any instance of cancellation, speak to us first. Alternatively you can email us to change the name on the tour and gift it to someone else (or make them pay you back) – this way it doesn’t go to waste and a friend or family member can go in your place.
- Our booking date change policy is as follows:
- between 0 (day of tour) and 14 days before the tour: $20 per person transfer fee
- 15 days or more before the tour: no transfer fee
CANCELLATION OR CHANGES BY US
- Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours reserve the right to change or cancel tours due to operating requirements or circumstances beyond our control.
- All our tours require a minimum of ten (10) guests to commence. If the minimum number is not reached, we reserve the right to change or cancel any bookings.
- If we cancel a tour we will endeavour to do one of the following:
- re-book you for another date or tour (subject to availability)
- transfer your booking to another person
- provide a gift voucher for future use (valid for 12 months from issue date)
- refund your payment
- Refunds will not be issued except in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or as agreed in writing by Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours.
- Who pays your refund depends upon whether you made your booking directly through Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours or through a booking agent re-selling our tours:
- if the ticket or voucher was booked through a Booking Agent, the person who made the booking will be issued with a refund voucher for redemption with the Booking Agent
- if the ticket was bought directly from Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours then we will reimburse the person who made the booking for the cost of the ticket
- Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours are available for private tours, corporate and other special events. Please contact us for more information.
- A minimum of 10 people is required for a private event, unless otherwise agreed upon.
- Any quotes provided are valid for 28 days from the date on the quote providing quoted tour date is still available
- For private tours a deposit equivalent to three (3) full priced tickets is required at time of booking for groups up to 20 guests. A 50% bookings deposit is required at time of booking for groups over 20 guests. Dates and activities are not guaranteed until the deposit is received.
- If a private tour booking is cancelled by you:
- between 0 (day of tour) and 3 months before the tour: no refund
- more than 3 months before the tour: full refund
- Payment of the balance of the booking is required 6 weeks prior to the tour date.
- Special requests by guests during the charter are to subject to agreement by the tour guide or driver.
LAST MINUTE DEALS and PROMOTIONAL CODES
- From time to time discounted tours may be offered by us as last minute deals.
- The number of places on discounted tours is subject to availability.
- Any discount does not apply to existing bookings and cannot be used with any other discounts.
- Prices are per person per tour and are subject to availability. Discount applies to selected tours only.
- Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours reserve the right to discontinue the promotion at any time without notice.
- If using the Gold Coast Local discount code, proof of local residence will be required upon arrival. Failure to provide such evidence will result in the full price of the tour being paid prior to commencement.
DISABILITIES AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours welcomes passengers with special needs or disabilities. However, guests are required to advise us in advance of any physical, medical or other special requirements as not all locations may have the required facilities or access (this includes dietary requirements e.g. food intolerances or preferences).
- Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours operate tours in public places and due to occupational health and safety requirements we strongly recommend wearing comfortable closed shoes on our tours.
- By booking with us you acknowledge that participation in all our tours involves inherent risks that may not be present in other less demanding tours.
- These risks include, without limitation, the possibility of injury or death, psychological trauma, loss or damage to property, inconvenience and discomfort.
- Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours love being able to offer generous wine and cocktail tastings on our tours and want you to be able to relax and enjoy the entire experience. We strongly recommend that you do not drive after one of our tours and consider alternative transport (for example: public transport, Uber, Taxi, Zero Drivers, a lift).
SERVICE OF ALCOHOL
- Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours does not condone excessive or binge drinking. We promote responsible drinking of alcohol. Drink better wine, not more wine.
- Guests must at all times abide by state and federal laws regarding lawful drinking practices including, but not limited to, Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) laws, the consumption of alcohol in public places, in vehicles and consumption of ‘bring your own’ (BYO) alcohol.
- Service of alcohol may be refused to persons deemed intoxicated.
- As Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours visits licenced premises where alcohol is served it is your responsibility to carry a valid passport, drivers licence, proof of age card, or other suitable form of identification for the duration of the tour.
- Any guest who consumes, or is suspected of consuming, alcohol in a non-licensed area can be removed from the tour. They will not be entitled to any refund.
- Non-licensed areas may include, but are not limited to: tour buses and vehicles; non-licensed cafes, restaurants, or consuming BYO drinks on properties visited; or any public areas such as restrooms, parks or service stations where we may stop.
- You are responsible for your own behaviour.
- Uncontrollable and disruptive drunken behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Any person deemed unruly or disruptive can be removed from the tour and will not be entitled to any refund.
- Any legal action (including fines) taken against a person on the tour, or against Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours because of the actions of a guest, will be the sole responsibility of that person or persons.
- Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours strongly recommends that you do not drive after one of our tours. We unfortunately cannot accept any responsibility for your ability to get home once our tours terminate.
- Guests are responsible for any damage they cause during the tour to property of Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours or any establishments we visit.
- We reserve the right to charge your credit card without authorisation from you to cover the costs for any damage incurred by you or by guests you booked.
- Smoking is not permitted on our tour unless it is in a designated smoking area.
- We are not responsible for the conduct of third party operators, venues or suppliers.
AUTHORITY OF THE TOUR LEADER
- At all times the decision of the Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours tour leader or representative will be final on all matters likely to affect the safety and well-being of the tour.
- This includes any decision that the tour leader makes about the on-going participation of a guest on the tour or certain activities that comprise part of the tour.
- This includes any person, in the opinion of the tour leader, who is affected by alcohol or other drugs (whether prescribed by a medical practitioner or otherwise).
- If a guest fails to comply with a decision made by the tour leader, or interferes with the well-being of the group, then the tour leader reserves the right to terminate this contract and order the guest to leave the tour immediately, with no right of refund.
- The matter may be also reported to the QLD Police if deemed necessary by the Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours tour leader or representative.
- Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours are not responsible for any costs incurred once a guest is removed from a tour.
TIMING & ITINERARY
- Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours will always do their best to contact you by mobile phone if you are late or missing part of the tour. However, we accept no responsibility for, and provide no refund for, guests who miss any part of the tour for any reason.
- This includes but is not limited to: guests failing to be at arranged pick up points at arranged times or guests leaving the pick-up location due to our transport running late.
- Tours will leave according to times stated on itineraries and will not wait for late guests.
- Commencement and finish times are an indication only.
- Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours are not responsible for late arrival at any destination.
- We reserve the right to alter any part of the itinerary without notice before, on, or during the tour as circumstances dictate. We will endeavour to communicate any significant changes in a timely manner but are not liable for any changes and are not required to offer any refunds as a result of any change.
- You agree that Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours may use images or video of you taken during the tour without recourse to you and without compensation to you, for publicity and promotion purposes only, through whatever medium it chooses.
- This may include, but is not limited to, posting images to social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram, other online advertising, as well as for use in print media such as flyers, brochures and posters.
- Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours will need to collect information from you, some of which may be of a personal nature, in order to provide a service.
- By booking with Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours you implicitly agree to receive our newsletter; you have the ability to unsubscribe at any time you desire.
- The information may be disclosed to, or collected on our behalf by our service providers to enable the services to be provided, but will not be used by them for any other purpose.
GUEST RELEASE & GOLD COAST FOOD AND WINE TOURS LIABILITY
- Each guest releases Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours, its employees and agents from liability or loss or injury to the client from any cause, and whether due to the negligence of Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours or any other person.
- Each guest releases Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours from all sums of money, accounts, claims, actions, proceedings, demands and expenses which the client at any time may have against Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours for or by reason or in respect of any act, cause, matter or thing.
- Each guest indemnifies Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours against:
- all losses incurred by Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours,
- all liabilities incurred by Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours; and
- all costs actually payable by Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours to its own legal representatives (whether or not under a costs agreement) and other expenses incurred by Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours in connection with a demand, action, arbitration or other proceeding (including mediation, compromise, out of court settlement or appeal); arising directly or indirectly as a result of or in connection with any act or omission of the client.
BOOKING AGENT’S LIABILITY
- If a Booking Agent sells any tickets or vouchers on behalf of Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours, the Booking Agent indemnifies Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours against:
- all losses incurred by Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours,
- all liabilities incurred by Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours,
- all costs actually payable by Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours to its own legal representatives (whether or not under a costs agreement) and other expenses incurred by Gold Coast Food and Wine Tours in connection with a demand, action, arbitration or other proceeding (including mediation, compromise, out of court settlement or appeal); arising directly or indirectly as a result of or in connection with any acts or omissions of the Booking Agent.